WooCommerce Vs Shopify are the two top platforms most popular in the world, there are many people want to create their online store, but many of them don’t have a good vision about these platforms that means no difference between shopify and woocommerce to choose the right eCommerce platform for their business model or their online store, in this post we will give you the differences between Shopify and WooCommerce, so, in the first time you have to know each platform eCommerce it’s pros and cons.
the goal of this article is to compare both platforms (woocommerce shopify) and help you to choose the right platform for your eCommerce business based on enough details.
Shopify is a popular platform eCommerce using in the world that helps and allows you to create your online store, you need to pay to get it,is a hosted solution,after that you make you receive payments for your customers, manage your products, as well as Shopify manages web hosting, SSL certificate and other features that will see in this post.
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress that makes you improve and enhance your Content Management System and very used to manage an online store, in another hand, you can customize what you want to add to your store.
So, let’s us show you the features of Shopify vs WooCommerce as the top eCommerce platforms.
Before you decide which the platform you will pick completely as your own online store here are some criteria you will keep in mind.
- How many products you will use into your store?
- The number of pages you will use.
- What is your monthly budget?
- Do you have knowledge about some language programming (HTML, CSS, PHP)?
To make sure which the eCommerce platform is suitable for your business model, let’s us show you the advantages and disadvantages of each one.
Pros of Shopify:
Each platform eCommerce has advantages compared with other platforms.
- Great templates, better cleaner and much easier to use, very pretty and user-friendly.
- Easier to use that means no need a technical person and you don’t need to manage your store.
- Shopify apps are so expensive.
- Better Addons and Apps.
- Better integration means Shopify is easier to integrate with everything like Pinterest, Instagram, etc).
- you have also a possibility to add a default payment or a third payment.
Cons of Shopify:
- more expensive, if you want to use Shopify as a platform for your store, so you have to pay to 30$ a month as a shopify pricing.
- fee for using a third payment Gateway.
Pros of WooCommerce(plugin for WordPress):
- Cheaper or woocommerce pricing, in other words, depends on your budget.
- good platform for beginners and small business owners.
- open-source that means you can edit and add the code into your template and allows you to do more things than Shopify.
- great for blogging and is a very pretty option for the content management system.
Cons of WooCommerce:
- you will have to manage your own store, for example, updates, backups security, etc.
- there are many features, so you should know to learn more about it.
Top Websites Using WooCommerce for eCommerce
Based on these statistics, we look WooCommerce is a platform very used in the world, but we can’t generate this balance sheet because there are other top platforms like Magento, Drupal Commerce, etc, all these depends on your business model and your requirements.
If you have a passion to create your online store, we are mentioned all the necessary criteria you have to keep in mind before starting, here are these necessary elements listed below.
- Your level of programming language.
- The number of products.
- Your requirements and needs.
If you are beginner WooCommerce could be a great choice for people who want to add and manage, customize plugins, but if you have already few or medium experiences in business Shopify best choice for you based on your business model.