Do you want to understand the difference between Drupal vs WordPress?
In this post, you will discover all features and characteristics between those Content Management System (CMS).
First, let us show you a brief description of each one and their features.
After that, we will dive into the advantages or benefits and disadvantages of each element.
Then, we will discover how to choose the right CMS for your project?
Consequently, you know the keys of each CMS when you decide to work on a new project.
Definition: WordPress vs Drupal
WordPress is an open-source Content Management System (CMS).
That means you can manage content on your website, create websites, blogs, add a new post, etc.
Also,this Software is awesome because helps people to create their own website.
In addition, it is easy to use because allows non-developers to create their own websites.
Drupal is free open-source software, written in the PHP language programming.
This platform helps to create an online content management system (CMS).
Drupal allows you to build responsive websites and fantastic application.
in another case, Drupal includes many characteristics as reliable performance, easy content and good security.
As free software, Drupal has the largest community in the world.
Advantages/Disadvantages: WordPress vs Drupal
Here are the benefits of WordPress.
- You can create awesome and complex pages without skills that mean if you are not a developer you can do it(Easy).
- Offers the best themes and plugins.
- Ease to use for beginners to create their websites (as non-developers).
- The largest community that means this community helps you to find the right plugins to custom your website.
- Include plugins for SEO like Yoast SEO.
- You can also add pages and posts on your website.
- Fast installation with few clicks.
- Speed and optimization.
Mobile-friendly that means your website also responsive on mobile device and tablet device.
Here are the Cons of using WordPress.
- Some modifications or updated needs knowledge of PHP.
- The design also requires knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Security is not very good compared to Drupal and many websites WordPress is hacked.
- Some plugins might not work when the platform is updated.
- WordPress uses MySQL, which is less secure.
Here are the benefits of using Drupal.
- Allows many features like Panels, Views and Web forms are highly secured.
- Drupal offers also modules with pretty options for customizations.
- Drupal more secured compared to other CMS.
- Rich in modules and themes.
- High speed.
- User management is very good that means an administrator can create user, update user and establish their permissions.
- Free and open source.
- Good documentation that means resources are available online.
Here are the Pros of using WordPress.
- It is not customizable as WordPress.
- Development costs are higher.
- Needs of coding experience.
- Updates can be only by the developer.
- Themes and plugins are more expensive compared to WordPress.
Comparison: WordPress vs Drupal
Modules & Blocks
Websites or eCommerce Sites
Entreprise level systems,intranet Applications
WordPress vs Drupal: Which Is Better?
You can use these platforms switch your situation and your needs.
- WordPress is a great and excellent platform(CMS) for beginners and non-developers because easy to use and fast to set up, easy to customize with available in millions of themes and plugins.
- Drupal is an ideal option for programmers and developers because they have an experience how to code and detect bugs.
to clarify Drupal is suitable for complex projects needs many modules and options.
Choosing the right and best CMS is very important for you because il plays a role for you project.
Now, you know the Pros and Cons for each CMS, but all this depends on the needs of your project.
certainly, choosing WordPress as CMS for your project if you are a beginner and you don’t have a good experience in web development is a great choice for you for development website and simple project.
However, if you are as a developer and your project is complex Drupal is a great choice for you.